Tarides takes great pride in its diverse workforce, and we strive to continue bringing talented people from around the globe to our team. We believe that OCaml and the world of open-source should be for everyone, and that the more varied experiences and perspectives we can include, the stronger our community will become.
We work as a team within a larger ecosystem of individual contributors, companies and research labs. We build trust and strive towards common goals using constructive consensus. We understand that project outcomes result from iterative steps, collaboratively blending our teams’ diverse skills and expertise.
We encourage our team members to be autonomous and take ownership of their work while collaborating as needed. We identify gaps in our processes or technology stacks. We design, discuss and coordinate on specific projects and bring the essential skills and expertise required to build solutions we are proud to own. We are accountable and deliver the work that we promised.
We create a friendly and safe environment where people can evolve and grow by making mistakes and learning from each other while happily working towards their individual goals. We are part of an organisation composed of diverse individuals working together on shared objectives and visions. We value humility and recognise that we can all learn from each other’s expertise and experiences.
We use our robust understanding of both theory and practice to solve our problems. We use and apply the scientific method to all our activities. We explore ideas at the intersection of research and engineering, as we believe that we learn best by doing. We seek to transfer acute research ideas into concrete engineering projects with a measurable impact or devise new theories from very applied experiences.
We build systems based on a scientific foundation to last for decades and drive positive change for the world. We do not compromise on quality. We both use and build open-source software to craft original, unique systems that have a significant, positive impact on our community, industry, and society.
What We Offer
Supportive & International Working Environment
- International team comprised of 15 different nationalities
- Central offices in Paris and Cambridge
- Regular team events: monthly all-hands meetings, hack days, team-building, retreats etc
- Competitive holiday allowance (dependent on location)
- An extra 2 weeks paid holiday for all employees in August
- Flexibility on days off
Health & Wellbeing
- Comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Tarides for you and your family
- Employee Assistance program which offers 24/7 advice
- Membership for hundreds of local sports classes and wellness experiences
Continuous Learning & Training
- A very flexible training policy, learning budget for books, training courses and conferences
- A library of books available to borrow from each office
- Knowledge sharing, pair programming and internal technical talks
Supportive Family Policy
- Extended parental leave for all new parents
- Daycare solutions (France)
- Gift cards for new babies
- Transparent salary formula based on your level, experience and local cost of living
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Enrolment into a pension scheme (UK)