Tarides is a tech start-up founded in Paris in 2018 by pioneers of programming languages and cloud computing. Tarides develops a software infrastructure platform to deploy secure, distributed applications with strict resource constraints and low-latency performance requirements. Today, Tarides is composed of a diverse team of 35+ people.
Tarides has been part of the Founder program of Station F in 2018 (6% acceptance rate) and has been selected in France within “Concours d’Innovation i-Lab” organized by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in partnership with Bpifrance (15% acceptance rate). This national contest awards company creation and innovative technologies. Tarides was also recognised during the FIC 2020 fair (International Cybersecurity Forum) which is the leading European event on cybersecurity. These awards acknowledge the innovation of the solutions developed by Tarides and emphasize the interest from the cybersecurity community.
Tarides takes part in developing a software ecosystem composed of dozens of projects, all free and open source software. Some of these components are used daily by hundreds of developers, including MirageOS, Irmin and platform tooling such as dune and opam.
We are looking for Technical Writers to apply their writing skills and their knowledge of professional documentation management to a wide variety of open source projects. The work will be diverse and will provide many opportunities for growth.
You will work closely with our engineering and communications teams to create world-class documentation resources that will be used by a growing open source and industrial community.
Prepare, review, revise and maintain technical documents and educational materials including:
- User guides and tutorials
- API developer guides
- In-platform instructions
- Installation and configuration instructions
- Community project reports and roadmaps
- Tooling and best practice documentation
- Blog posts on wider OSS techniques and practices
- Internal onboarding and team communications
- Broader PR communications from our group and associated companies
- Use different methods of presenting information to clearly explain concepts and processes to a variety of audiences
- Follow internal standards and processes for creating documentation
- Communicate with our developers to receive up-to-date knowledge about our projects
- Identify missing or insufficient pieces of documentation in collaboration with tool maintainers, engineers and users
- Develop documented processes that could benefit other open source projects
- Review and edit written documentation from other team members
(You don’t have to fill 100% of the qualifications to apply.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing help content, knowledge base content or similar
- Excellent written and spoken English (our corporate language). Knowledge of French is a bonus
- Have an ability to evaluate and analyze complex information, and a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand
- Willingness to work closely with developers to define documentation objectives and ensure that the delivered product meets all requirements
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and able to handle multiple concurrent work assignments
- Proven ability to write for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Some knowledge of programming methodologies is useful but not essential
- Ability to monitor metrics and gather feedback on documentation and use that to improve usability and understanding
- Ability to bring creativity to the role, expanding beyond traditional documentation to include content such as video, podcast and other techniques
- A curious mindset, and willingness to tackle new challenges
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- Portfolio of written examples
- Opportunity to work on different aspects of our products
- Nice office in Paris (Place de la Contrescarpe, Paris 5)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Remote collaboration opportunities with our worldwide team in the UK, USA, India and further afield
- Amazing health insurance for you and your family (Alan Blue) and paid parental leave
- A “ticket restaurant” card and 50% of public transportation pass reimbursed
Please send a sample of your portfolio along with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
You will be considered for two interviews:
- a first screening interview (review of your background, motivations and our expectations);
- a more technical interview (technical discussion around a code sample or portfolio).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace.
|Contract type:||CDI (permanent)|
|Starting date:||As soon as possible|