Software Engineer – Irmin
Tarides is a startup founded in Paris in early 2018 that develops a software infrastructure platform to deploy secure, distributed applications with strict resource constraints and low-latency performance requirements.
We are using MirageOS to run applications without the overhead of a traditional operating system and Irmin to create scalable distributed applications. Tarides uses unikernel technologies and applies the research done in programming languages to real-world systems to build safe and performant applications specialised to their runtime environment.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to take part in the development of the open-source project Irmin. You will be part of the team who design, build and ship Irmin libraries and applications.
- Make Irmin a successful project.
- Interface with the wider MirageOS community to work out a consistent architecture for the project and help defining its evolution.
- Design, develop and maintain new functionalities and open-source libraries for Irmin.
- Become a maintainer for existing Irmin libraries
(You don’t have to fill 100% of the qualifications to apply.)
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Good understanding of storage systems (file systems, distributed databases, etc.)
- Experience with building software developed in OCaml or other functional languages (or willingness to learn)
- Good communication skills in French and/or English (including experience speaking to a technical audience)
- Opportunity to work on different aspects of our products
- Nice office in Paris (Place de la Contrescarpe, Paris 5)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Remote collaboration opportunities with our worldwide team in the UK, USA, India and further afield
- Amazing health insurance for you and your family (Alan Blue) and paid parental leave
- A “ticket restaurant” card and 50% of public transportation pass reimbursed
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
You will be considered for two interviews:
- a first screening interview (review of your background, motivations and our expectations);
- a more technical interview (technical discussion around a code sample or portfolio).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace.