Head of Human Resources
Tarides is a tech start-up founded in Paris in 2018 by pioneers of programming languages and cloud computing. Tarides that develops a software infrastructure platform to deploy secure, distributed applications with strict resource constraints and low-latency performance requirements. Today, Tarides is composed of a diverse team of 30 people.
We are looking for a Head of Human Resources to take part in the rapid development of the company. As the Head of Human Resources, you will have to be able to mix a unique blend of open-source culture with a commercial setting.
- Work with the executive team to define and build a fair and transparent skills / growth framework that supports the culture and matches the current practice of Tarides while allowing flexibility and scalability.
- Define our various role profiles in particular for technical managers / technical leads (by interviewing the existing technical managers and leads to formalise their current tasks and discussing with the executive team to clarify expectations).
- Establish a process and forum for regular feedback, and to discuss goals and motivation. Make sure everyone is happy in their current role, position and team. Ensure that everyone has the right work-life balance and that no one is getting burnt out. Feed this information back to technical leads / technical managers as appropriate. Use these meetings in conjunction with the growth framework to ensure that the career and growth paths are well-identified and that everyone knows what has to be done to grow.
- Make sure the team dynamics are positive and functioning. Make sure organisational issues are identified very early and propose solutions to address these. This is especially important in the context of growth where minor issues can become a burden when more people are involved.
- Improve the team diversity by defining and tracking metrics, by helping with hiring and onboarding, etc. Find more managers and leads to support the growth of the company.
- Assist with staff availability and capacity management. Discuss with technical managers to arrange opportunities for people to move between teams to address skills imbalance and articulates capacity and resourcing issues.
- Work with the executive team to write job adverts and assist with interviewing candidates.
- Onboard new hires and ensure paperwork is completed (and particularly employment contracts).
- Be the point of contact of the team regarding human resource policies, procedures, contracts, laws, and standards for new and existing employees.
- Be in charge of all data provided by employees and managers that could impact the payroll, and prepare payslips every month (we are using PayFit)
(You don’t have to fill 100% of the qualifications to apply.)
- Good communication skills in French and in English (English is the corporate language)
- Well organised person, able to multitask and prioritise daily workload
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the HR field.
- Have a good knowledge of French employment law (or the willingness to learn, as we partner with a lawyer when questions arise)
- Be able to mix a unique blend of open-source culture with a commercial setting
- Manage growth of the team – rapidly expending over the world
- Nice office in Paris (Place de la Contrescarpe, Paris 5)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely.
- Amazing health insurance for you and your family (Alan Blue) and paid parental leave.
- A “ticket restaurant” card and 50% of public transportation pass reimbursed.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be considered for two interviews with Tarides' founders (review of your background, motivations, and our expectations).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace.