Tarides is a tech start-up founded in Paris in 2018 by pioneers of programming languages and cloud computing. Tarides develops a software infrastructure platform to deploy secure, distributed applications with strict resource constraints and low-latency performance requirements. Today, Tarides is composed of a diverse team of 35+ people.
Tarides has been part of the Founder program of Station F in 2018 (6% acceptance rate) and has been selected in France within “Concours d’Innovation i-Lab” organized by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in partnership with Bpifrance (15% acceptance rate). This national contest awards company creation and innovative technologies. Tarides was also recognised during the FIC 2020 fair (International Cybersecurity Forum) which is the leading European event on cybersecurity. These awards acknowledge the innovation of the solutions developed by Tarides and emphasize the interest from the cybersecurity community.
Tarides takes part in developing a software ecosystem composed of dozens of projects, all free and open source software. Some of these components are used daily by hundreds of developers, in particular the Dune build system, Opam package manager and our OCurrent-based CI system.
As these projects are growing, we are looking for skilled Ecosystem Engineers to support developers working on improving these tools and shipping new features. This role is broad ranging including aspects of open source community support, assistance with coordination between platform and tool maintainers, bug fixing of platform tools, and participation in improving the ecosystem tooling (e.g. CI).
You will work closely with our engineering teams to provide technical support for these tools, close the feedback loop and identify missing features that can improve the developer experience. Your work will impact a wide range of our core projects and will be integral to our open source development.
- Provide technical support for the OCaml platform tool suite, including the Dune build system, the Opam package manager and CI. Support channels include public forums and bug trackers such as GitHub
- Ensure documentation is up to date in collaboration with tool maintainers and our team of technical writers
- Potentially fix issues or escalate them to relevant engineers
- Identify and propose alterations to ecosystem tooling to prevent issues from arising in the future
- Communicate and coordinate with our developers to ensure up-to-date knowledge about our projects
- Participate in public discussions about the ecosystem tooling (e.g. Discuss)
- Help to develop the OCaml open source community
(You don’t have to fill 100% of the qualifications to apply.)
- Good communication skills in English (English is the corporate language)
- Demonstrable experience with existing open source projects
- Ideally some level of experience with the OCaml language, or other functional programming languages
- Experience with GitHub, Git and version control
- Ideally some experience with the OCaml platform ecosystem e.g.
- Domain knowledge relevant to the projects - package management, CI and build environments, developer workflow and processes
- Curious and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- Nice office in Paris (Place de la Contrescarpe, Paris 5)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Supportive team environment with experienced Technical and Team Leads
- Amazing health insurance for you and your family (Alan Blue) and paid parental leave
- A “ticket restaurant” card and 50% of public transportation pass reimbursed
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, along with details of any open-source projects that you've worked on.
You will be considered for two interviews:
- a general interview (review of your background, motivations and our expectations);
- a more technical interview (technical discussion around a code sample or portfolio).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace.
|Contract type:||CDI (permanent)|
|Starting date:||As soon as possible|