Benchmark Tooling Engineer
Tarides is a tech start-up founded in Paris in 2018 by pioneers of programming languages and cloud computing. Tarides develops a software infrastructure platform to deploy secure, distributed applications with strict resource constraints and low-latency performance requirements. Today, Tarides is composed of a diverse team of 35+ people.
Tarides has been part of the Founder program of Station F in 2018 (6% acceptance rate) and has been selected in France within “Concours d’Innovation i-Lab” organised by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in partnership with Bpifrance (15% acceptance rate). This national contest awards company creation and innovative technologies. Tarides was also recognised during the FIC 2020 fair (International Cybersecurity Forum) which is the leading European event on cybersecurity. These awards acknowledge the innovation of the solutions developed by Tarides and emphasise the interest from the cybersecurity community.
Tarides takes part in developing a software ecosystem composed of dozens of projects, all free and open source software. Our benchmark tooling team currently provides continuous benchmarking support for Irmin (used in Tezos) and Dune (OCaml build system).
As our projects are growing, we are looking for skilled engineers to help us scale our benchmarking tool suite and to increase adoption of continuous benchmarking across more of our projects. This role includes developing and maintaining the front-end UI used to analyse the benchmark results, working with other community projects to design and develop new features, as well as participating in backend development and maintenance required to keep the UI operational.
You will work closely with our Irmin and Dune teams to provide a UI that can be used to analyse performance development over time. This includes comparing performance between new releases, but also monitoring performance changes over time in Git branches and incoming GitHub pull requests. This role provides opportunities for ownership of your own work, as well as involvement in key decisions and strategy for the project. Your work will impact a wide range of our core projects and will be integral to our open source development.
- Help to scale and maintain our benchmarking tooling infrastructure to support more users and OCaml projects
- Expand our graphs and the benchmarks dashboard to support more detailed analysis of results and a wider range of benchmarks
- Provide technical support for other projects using our benchmarking tools
- Promote wider adoption of continuous benchmarking across projects by ensuring accessible tooling
- Ensure documentation is up-to-date in collaboration with tool maintainers and our team of technical writers
- Add features requested by users
(You don’t have to fill 100% of the qualifications to apply.)
- Good communication skills in English (English is the corporate language)
- Ideally some level of experience with the OCaml language, or other functional programming languages
- Front-end development experience. Ideally some level of experience with ReScript/Bucklescript
- Experience with configuring and maintaining backend services (such as databases, web servers) as required by the frontend
- Experience with GitHub, Git and version control
- Domain knowledge relevant to the project: e.g. benchmarking, continuous deployments
- Curious and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- Nice office in Paris (Place de la Contrescarpe, Paris 5)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Supportive team environment with experienced Technical and Team Leads
- Amazing health insurance for you and your family (Alan Blue) and paid parental leave
- A “ticket restaurant” card and 50% of public transportation pass reimbursed
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. If shortlisted, you will have three online interviews starting with a general interview, followed by a technical interview, and finally an interview with the team.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We strive to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace.
|Contract type:||CDI (permanent)|
|Starting date:||As soon as possible|
|Location:||Paris (remote possible, particularly from UK or France)|